banana bread muffins

I just made this recipe with changes.

Basically:

  • 1 cup white sugar (I did 1/2 white and almost 1/2 dark brown because brown sugar is tasty)
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour (I did 1 scant cup white flour and 1 cup white whole wheat because whatever)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 3 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (closer to 1/2 cup)
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • added 1/4ish tsp cinnamon and a dash of vanilla because cinnamon and vanilla are nice. (NB last year I made banana bread and had no cinnamon and I used some combo of nutmeg and cardamom instead and it was great.)

I blended the bananas in the food processor first, then added the egg, oil, sugar...basically everything except the flour and nuts, and processed a few more times. Then I dumped it into a bowl to stir in the flour and nuts because my food processor is tiiiiny.

Spooned it into unlined muffin tins greased with flour+oil Pam, and now baking. I predict that the recipe's 30-40 minute bake time will be too long. We shall see. Verdict: at least 30 minutes is necessary.

No comments: