Belgian Waffles with oil (not butter)

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/simple-homemade-waffles-50027026 I made these today because I didn't want to mess with melted butter. They were decent! I was also out of milk so I used half and half (thinned with a little water.) I did not grease my waffle iron and they came out of the iron just fine - not sure if it's something about my waffle iron or if people who say you need to grease the pan are just always lying.

    • 2 cups flour
    • 2 tablespoons sugar
    • 1 tablespoon baking powder
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 1 3/4 cups milk
    • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
    • 2 eggs
  • (I also added a splash of almond extract.) 1. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. 2. Whisk the milk, vegetable oil, and eggs together well. 3. Gradually pour the milk mixture into the dry mixture. Stir until almost blended. There will be a few lumps. 4. Pour the batter into your waffle maker (about 1/3 cup)and cook according to instructions - approximately 4-6 minutes on medium high or until the waffle maker stops steaming. Optional: To make Blueberry Waffles, pour the batter onto the waffle maker, sprinkle fresh blueberries on top, and close the lid. Cook as usual according to the waffle maker instructions.

    1 comment:

    BoB said...

    Made this using whole milk yogurt (1.5 cups + some water & cream to thin) plus 3/4 tsp baking SODA and it was great.