very fast stir-fry

This is like, not even a recipe because it's 4 ingredients and one of them comes pre-seasoned. But anyway, it was tasty and took me like 10 minutes to make.

package of Hodo Spicy Yuba Strips
half a medium-large onion, sliced relatively small
about half a red pepper, sliced
small crown of broccoli broken into small florets.

I sauteed the onion in my cast iron skillet on fairly high heat, with oil. (I think I also added some chili flakes, just a few.) Then added the red peppers, and some soy sauce. And then the broccoli - cooked it just enough to make it change color to bright green, really. And then I added the spicy tofu strip things and mostly turned off the heat and just tried to heat the strips through. The spice of the strips basically flavored the whole thing, so it was a fast colorful stir-fry situation.  Unfortunately the yuba strips are pricy though - I only bought them because they were on sale.

No comments: