Waffles!

I found a Vitantonio brand belgian wafflemaker on the street, so naturally I had to try it out.


I used this recipe, which someone on the internets said came with their Vitantonio waffle iron.

I used 1/2 cup of batter for each side of the waffle iron (i.e. for each waffle) and that seemed just about right. I believe this made 8 waffles.


"Quick Waffles"
3 Eggs
1 C Milk
1/2 C Melted Butter or Margarine
1 Tbsp Vanilla
2 C Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Baking Power
2 tsp Sugar

Beat whole eggs in a bowl until thick *I used a fork*
Beat in milk and melted butter and vanilla
Combine remaining ingredients. Sift into egg mixture (I just added it slowly) and beat well (I stirred and allowed some lumps for fear it'd get too tough.) Bake and serve.

I made them on the second to highest setting for my iron and that worked well. I did not grease the iron at all.

No comments: